The College Mission
Delaware Technical Community College is a
statewide multi-campus community college committed to
providing affordable, open admission, post-secondary
education that is relevant and responsive to labor market and community
needs. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities that
contribute to the economic vitality of the State, including career, general,
developmental, and transfer education; workforce development; and lifelong learning.
The College respects its students as individuals and as members of diverse
groups and is committed to fostering student success in higher education as a
means to economic and personal advancement.
Effective October 13, 2015
The College will achieve its mission through the goals listed below:
- Academic programs will prepare students with knowledge and skills needed for employment in their career field of study and/or for transfer to a senior institution.
- Developmental education will prepare students in mathematics, reading, and writing to be successful in entry-level College courses and workforce development programs.
- Academic and workforce development programs will prepare and support a competitive workforce across a range of occupational levels.
- Personal enrichment programs and events will support lifelong learning in the community.
- The College will provide an inclusive environment that promotes respect for diverse cultures, abilities, and points of view.
- Programs, activities, and services will cultivate student learning and success.
- Public and private resources and partnerships will be identified, obtained, and utilized to advance the College Mission and Goals.
Effective October 13, 2015The College is firmly committed to a policy of providing educational programs of the highest quality. The maintenance of that standard requires the fulfillment of various responsibilities by the Board of Trustees and all employees. The Board must work on a continuing basis to maintain a well-qualified and productive staff, equipped with adequate facilities and resources, and provided with proper working conditions, compensation, and benefits. Employees, in turn, have an obligation for the maintenance of quality and productivity in their efforts, to conduct themselves in a professional manner, to work toward the attainment of the College's goals, to follow the regulations, policies, and procedures of the College, and in general, to work together and with the Board to serve the interests of students.
The Personnel Policy ManualThe purposes of this manual are to acquaint full-time employees with various policies and regulations concerning their duties, responsibilities, and privileges; to outline the many benefits employees of the College accrue; and to foster good working relationships and orderly administration.
Obviously, all contingencies that might arise cannot be anticipated. Information about matters not covered herein may be obtained directly from appropriate College officials.
To ensure that policies, procedures, and benefits are kept current and to promote the purposes and philosophy of the College, this manual will be reviewed annually by the Human Resources and Legal Affairs Department in the Office of the President, and the President shall have the authority to approve changes of a non-substantive nature or to incorporate revisions required by State or federal law and regulations. Between reviews, employees will be informed of any changes in the content(s) of this manual mandated by the Board of Trustees, and by changes in State and federal law and regulations. Furthermore, it is the policy of the Board of Trustees to encourage ongoing input from the employees of the College.