- Mission, Vision, Strategic Directions and Values
- College Initiatives
- College Facts
- Consumer Information
- Board of Trustees
- Catastrophic Leave
- Employee Benefits
- Holiday Schedule
- Personnel Policy Manual
- Policies Relating to Nondiscrimination, Affirmative Action and the Workplace
- Categories and Definitions
- Employment Procedures and Terms of Employment
- Promotion and Transfer Policy
- Personnel Records
- Working Hours
- Leaves of Absence
- Salary Plans and Terminal Pay
- Insurance and Other Benefits
- Savings Programs
- Employees' Responsibilities
- Conduct and Corrective or Disciplinary Action Policy
- Grievances and Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- Position Openings
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Salary Plans
- Tobacco Free College
- Contact Us
- Public Safety
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Promotion and Transfer Policy
4.01 PROMOTION POLICY
In filling vacancies, qualified regular College employees will receive equal consideration for promotion, in accordance with the College's Statement of Affirmative Action Policy, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or sexual orientation (defined exclusively as heterosexuality, homosexuality, or bisexuality). In cases where, in the judgment of the College, qualifications are equal, current employees will be given preference over other applicants.
(Amended Board of Trustees, 9/15/09)
4.02 TRANSFER OF FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
1. Transfer from One Position Classification to Another
a. Vice Presidents and Campus Directors may transfer employees in Salary Plan A, in Salary Plan B, and in Salary Plan D below Level IV, within their pay grades/levels and fields of expertise, from one position to another. Vice- Presidents and Campus Directors may also make such transfers of employees in Salary Plan D Level IV with the written approval of the President. Such transfers may also be made by the President for employees in the Office of the President and in Level V at the campuses. Proposed transfers shall be discussed with the employee.
B. Salaries of employees transferred in accordance with paragraph a. above shall be determined as specified in Salary Plans A, B, and D.
2. Transfers from One College Location to Another
a. Transfers of employees from one College location to another within a county require the written approval of the Vice President and Campus Director (and the President for transfers to or from the Office of the President).
B. Transfers from one county to another may be made with the written approval of the Vice Presidents and Campus Directors of the campuses from which and to which the employee is to be transferred (or the President for transfers to or from the Office of the President). Transfers from one county to another also require the consent of the employee.