Tour de Sussex
We welcome you to our
3rd Annual Bike Ride!
Tour de Sussex is sponsored by Delaware Technical Community College.
The Workforce Development and Community Education Division at Delaware Technical Community College Owens Campus has developed a wonderful opportunity for non-residents and residents alike to see all Sussex County has to offer through the premier cycling event. Riders will journey through the charming towns of Georgetown, Milton, Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island, and Laurel.
Ride to support the community: Proceeds from the event will provide scholarships for Kids on Campus and professional development courses.
- All routes start and end at Delaware Technical Community College in the Stephen J. Betze Library Parking lot (see Campus Map of parking located closest to Building #4)
- Rest stops with restrooms, beverages and snacks throughout the ride.
- Sag Wagon available for support. Please make sure your bike is ready to go prior to ride weekend- tune-up!
- Join us back at the College for an afternoon of fun with lunch provided by local restaurants!
- What is included: Unisex tech long sleeve shirt, Lunch, Maps, Rest stop refreshments, and Support and Gear (SAG support)
Rest stop highlights will include:
- Dogfish Head Brewery 8-12
- Lewes Canal 9-1 pm
- Trap Pond State Park 11-3 pm
- Town of Selbyville 10-2 pm
Waiver of Liability: All participants must complete an event waive prior to participating the ride. Please complete the Waiver of Liability form. Please bring with to the ride or you can complete when you pick up your packet!
Event Check In & Packet Pick up: We will have a tent next to the parking lot.
Registration fee/time frames
- Registration by June 30th-$55
*Eligible to win a Tour de Sussex riding jersey if registered by June 30th
- Registration by August 31st-$65
- Registration by September 23rd at 4p.m.-$75
- Registration day of event- $85
- Registration for ages 16 and under-$25
- Teams of 6 or more save $5 on registration
Contact for more information:
Jillian Whitney, Program Developer, Delaware Technical Community College