Delaware Tech’s International Education Program promotes international awareness and global understanding amongst students, faculty, and community members.
What is International Education at Delaware Tech?
- Study abroad programs
- Student and faculty exchanges
- Internationalization of the curriculum
- Promote opportunities for cross-cultural research and collaboration
- Hold on-campus events and opportunities for global engagement
How does it impact me?
Study abroad and cross-cultural exchange are proven ways to enhance communication, critical thinking skills, adaptability to different environments, and foreign language proficiency- all skills that can make your resume stand out to employers in this 21st century job market. Many study abroad students use the experience to create a portfolio showcasing skills they have learned. But don’t take it from us – your fellow students speak for themselves!
How can I get involved?
- Participate in a study abroad or professional development program!
- Attend of volunteer for an on-campus event
- Lead or suggest a project or program in cross-cultural exchange related to your field
- Think outside the box- suggest your ideas for new and innovative ways to promote international education!
Study Abroad is a life-changing experience, giving students a special perspective on the world beyond their own borders, people of other nations, and their own life in the United States. There is no better way to learn about another country's people, language, history, economy, art and politics. Students studying abroad are enriched academically and personally and find later that four-year universities and employers look favorably on those who have enhanced their perspective by studying overseas.