Associate Degree Program
If you’re seeking a career in agriculture and its related occupations, the need for a formal education is now greater than ever. The investment in a modern agricultural enterprise is too costly to permit poor planning and preparation. Sound principles of production, management, and marketing are vital to the successful undertaking of an agricultural business. Delaware Tech’s Agribusiness Management is an innovative program that will prepare you to obtain positions with large corporations and Fortune 500 companies, as well as small businesses or government agencies. If you prefer to be self-employed, entrepreneurs will view this program as a means to prepare themselves for ownership of an agribusiness.
This program is offered at the Dover, Georgetown, Stanton and Wilmington campuses.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills to prepare you for positions such as:
- Agricultural business owner
- Agricultural/marketing service
- County agricultural official
- Government/private foundation
- Production agriculture salesperson
- Production manager
- Real estate and appraisal
What You Will Earn
Competitive starting salaries range from $30,000-$40,000.
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Distinguish among business career areas in agribusiness.
- Examine current agricultural issues.
- Prepare a business plan for an agricultural enterprise.
- Apply management theories to agricultural business operations through practical experience.
- Apply basic recordkeeping and accounting procedures to agribusiness operations.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as an associate degree graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree?
This is a Connected Degree program that enables you to complete your associate degree and then transfer to a four-year degree program as a junior. See a program advisor for details!