Chemical Process Operator Certificate
Delaware Tech’s Chemical Process Operator program prepares highly skilled and knowledgeable students for employment as process operators in the chemical, pharmaceutical, polymer, and petroleum refining industries. These important industries throughout the Delaware River Valley area have a great need for trained process technicians to operate equipment for the production of industrial and consumer products. Graduates are readily employed by these local plants at competitive salaries. The program provides a practical education in the various aspects of plant operations including safe startup, shutdown, troubleshooting procedures, regulatory compliance, and basic preventive maintenance. And our laboratory facilities include high tech mechanical equipment, modern instrument trainers, computer process simulators, and six pilot plant units.
The Chemical Process Operator Technology Program has three options. Certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs are offered so that students can build their educational credentials as they work in the field.
This program is offered at the Stanton campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Chemical Process Operator
- Pharmaceutical Process Operator
- Polymer Process Operator
- Refinery Process Operator
- Renewable Fuels Process Operator
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental standards in a chemical plant.
- Handle, store, and transport chemical materials according to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Describe chemical process systems and operations.
- Operate, monitor, and control batch and continuous chemical processes.
- Apply mathematical and statistical concepts and principles to chemical process operations.
- Use computers and computerized equipment for communications and chemical process control.