Associate Degree Program
Enter the exciting world of media through this public service technology. Hands-on experience combined with the dynamic application of theory prepares students for the ever-changing communications field.
This program is offered at the Georgetown campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills to prepare you for positions such as:
- Copy editor
- Media sales person
- Newspaper and electronic media reporter
- Public relations specialist
- Radio producer
- Speech writer
- Television camera operator
- Television news producer
What You Will Earn
Competitive starting salaries range from $30,000-$40,000.
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Analyze the impact of media on society.
- Produce print, radio, video, and web media products that meet professional standards.
- Apply principles of design to media products.
- Demonstrate effective professional communication skills.
- Apply professional, ethical, and legal standards of behavior.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you will be able to do as a graduate, regardless of your program of study. You will acquire these core competencies through general education courses and program-specific coursework. You will be expected to use relevant technology to achieve these outcomes:
- Apply clear and effective communication skills.
- Use critical thinking to solve problems.
- Collaborate to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical conduct.
- Use information literacy for effective vocational and/or academic research.
- Apply quantitative reasoning and/or scientific inquiry to solve practical problems.