- Programs of Study
- Advertising Design
- Agribusiness Management
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Automotive Technician Studies
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Baking and Pastry Skills Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Skills Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Building Automation Systems Option
- Business Administration Transfer Option
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Chemical Process Operator
- Chemical Process Operator Certificate
- Chemical Process Operator Studies
- Chemistry Math Concentration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Transportation Certificate
- Commercial Transportation Studies
- Computer Aided Drafting Design Technology
- Computer Engineering Tcy Option
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Network Engineering Technology
- Computing and Information Science
- Construction Management
- Cooking Certificate
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Hygiene
- Design Engineering Mechanical
- Developmental Math
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Direct Support Professional Certificate
- Drug Alcohol Counseling
- Drug Alcohol Counseling Certificate
- ENT Refrigeration Heating AC Certificate
- Early Care and Education Birth to Second Grade
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Studies
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Transfer Option
- Electronics Engineering Tcy
- Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Certificate
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Transfer Option
- Elementary Education
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic Certificate
- Energy Management
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Exercise Science
- Fire Protection
- Food Safety
- Food Service Management
- General Business
- Geographic Information Systems Technology
- Health Information Management
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Information Security
- Instructional Design and Technology Certificate
- Kitchen Skills Studies
- Landscape and Ornamental Horticulture
- Laser and Optics Studies
- Law Enforcement Option
- Machinist Training Level 1 Certificate
- Machinist Training Level 2 Certificate
- Math Secondary Education
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Studies
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Middle Level Mathematics Education
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Office Administration
- Operations Management
- Paralegal Certificate
- Photo Imaging
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Studies
- Production Agriculture
- Radiologic Technology
- Refrigeration Heating AC
- Refrigeration Heating AC Studies
- Renewable Energy Solar
- Respiratory Care
- Science Education Chemistry Physics
- Social Science
- Surgical Technology
- Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology
- Turf Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Web Development
- Registration Information
- Academic Calendar
- Transfer Options
- International Education
- Instructional Technology & CCIT
- Learning Options
- Student Handbook
- College Catalog
Computer Network Engineering Technology
Associate Degree Program
If you want to work with local and wide area computer networks, the Computer Network Engineering Technology degree will prepare you to enter this very exciting field. You will learn basic computer electronic theory: to install new computer equipment; to operate and program computers; to repair computer electronic hardware; and to install, maintain, and repair data communication networks.
This program is offered at Dover, Georgetown, and Wilmington Campuses.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Network administrators or technicians for local, county, and state agencies, financial institutions, businesses, and corporations
What You Will Earn
- A competitive starting salary ranging from $28,000 to $33,000
- If combined with the Cisco Certified Network Associate certificate, a competitive starting salary ranging from $34,000 to $38,000
What You Will Learn
Upon completing your academic program, you will have developed the following knowledge and skills:
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Apply techniques, skills, and usage of modern tools of a computer network engineering technician.
- Apply analysis tools and problem-solving methods learned in the mathematics, computer, and electrical/electronic courses to troubleshoot network problems and analyze experiments.
- Diagnose and resolve network issues.
- Install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot network services for file access and storage, web-content hosting, network communications, network gateways and proxies, and security services on networking servers.
- Design, install, configure, and operate wide area networks (WAN) and local area networks (LAN).
- Explain the functions and the workings of common communications protocols and how such protocols are developed by standards organizations.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as an associate degree graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree?
This is a Connected Degree program that enables you to complete your associate degree and then transfer to a four-year degree program as a junior. See an academic counselor for details!
Campus-Specific Computer Network Engineering Technology Information
Dr. Lester F. Link
Department Chair, Instructor,
and Program Advisor
Department Chair, Instructor,
and Program Advisor
This program is offered at the Dover and Wilmington Campuses.