- Programs of Study
- Advertising Design
- Agribusiness Management
- Airframe Maintenance Technology
- Airframe Maintenance Technology Certificate
- Architectural Engineering Interior Design
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Automotive Technician Studies
- Baking and Pastry Skills Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Skills Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Building Automation Systems Option
- Business Administration Transfer Option
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Chemical Process Operator
- Chemical Process Operator Certificate
- Chemical Process Operator Studies
- Chemistry Math Concentration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Transportation Certificate
- Commercial Transportation Studies
- Computer Aided Drafting Design Technology
- Computer Engineering Tcy Option
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Network Engineering Technology
- Computing and Information Science
- Construction Management
- Cooking Certificate
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Hygiene
- Design Engineering Mechanical
- Developmental Math
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Direct Support Professional Certificate
- Drug Alcohol Counseling
- Drug Alcohol Counseling Certificate
- ENT Refrigeration Heating AC Certificate
- Early Care and Education Birth to Second Grade
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Studies
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Transfer Option
- Electronics Engineering Tcy
- Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Certificate
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Option
- Elementary Education
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic Certificate
- Energy Management
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Environmental Technology Water Quality
- Exercise Science
- Fire Protection
- Food Safety
- Food Service Management
- General Business
- Health Information Management
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Information Security
- Instructional Design and Technology Certificate
- Kitchen Skills Studies
- Landscape and Ornamental Horticulture
- Laser and Optics Studies
- Law Enforcement Option
- Machinist Training Level 1 Certificate
- Machinist Training Level 2 Certificate
- Math Secondary Education
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Studies
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Middle Level Mathematics Education
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Office Administration
- Operations Management
- Paralegal Certificate
- Photo Imaging
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Studies
- Production Agriculture
- Radiologic Technology
- Refrigeration Heating AC
- Refrigeration Heating AC Studies
- Renewable Energy Solar
- Respiratory Care
- Science Education Chemistry Physics
- Social Science
- Surgical Technology
- Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology
- Turf Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Web Development
- Registration Information
- Academic Calendar
- Transfer Options
- International Education
- Instructional Technology & CCIT
- Learning Options
- Student Handbook
- College Catalog
Computing and Information Science
Associate Degree Program
The landscape of job opportunities in today’s world is changing with new positions in computer and information technology fields emerging as others become obsolete. Information science focuses on identifying, understanding, and resolving problems through established and developing technologies. The Delaware Tech program for Computing and Information Science will prepare you with the skills necessary to understand these workforce dynamics. You will learn about computer sciences in advancing courses of study and you will apply this knowledge in hands-on applications. You will gain knowledge about the hierarchy of levels in computers, learning about CPU structure, control unit operations, parallel organization, and Reduced Instruction Set Computers (RISC). Additional classes in higher mathematics, economics, and business will round out your understanding of CIS applications in preparation for a career in this growing industry.
With a degree in Computing & Information Science you will be prepare for a seamless transfer to one of our sister institutions and the upper-level coursework of a four-year program.
This program is offered at the Wilmington campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Computer support specialist
- Web and server-side programmer
- Website designer
- Computing and information technology solutions designer
What You Will Earn
Competitive starting salaries range from $28,000 - $32,000.
Upon completion of a bachelor’s degree, the starting salary range is $32,000 - $36,000.
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Capture users' requirements in the form of technical specifications, diagrams, flow charts, storyboards, etc. for use by IT personnel and restate IT documents in a form meaningful to non-technical personnel.
- Install, configure and secure operating systems and application software within a given organizational environment.
- Given specifications, design and implement simple to moderately complex programs.
- Create and apply algorithms and data structures to meet end user needs.
- Work effectively as part of a team charged with solving a complex technical problem.
- Utilize current standards to design, implement, and evaluate an appropriate and secure computer-based system.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as an associate degree graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree?
This is a Connected Degree program that enables you to complete your associate degree and then transfer to a four-year degree program as a junior. See an academic counselor for details!
Campus-Specific Computing and Information Science Information