- Programs of Study
- Advertising Design
- Agribusiness Management
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Automotive Technician Studies
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Baking and Pastry Skills Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Skills Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Building Automation Systems Option
- Business Administration Transfer Option
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Chemical Process Operator
- Chemical Process Operator Certificate
- Chemical Process Operator Studies
- Chemistry Math Concentration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Transportation Certificate
- Commercial Transportation Studies
- Computer Aided Drafting Design Technology
- Computer Engineering Tcy Option
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Network Engineering Technology
- Computing and Information Science
- Construction Management
- Cooking Certificate
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Hygiene
- Design Engineering Mechanical
- Developmental Math
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Direct Support Professional Certificate
- Drug Alcohol Counseling
- Drug Alcohol Counseling Certificate
- ENT Refrigeration Heating AC Certificate
- Early Care and Education Birth to Second Grade
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Studies
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Transfer Option
- Electronics Engineering Tcy
- Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Certificate
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Transfer Option
- Elementary Education
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic Certificate
- Energy Management
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Exercise Science
- Fire Protection
- Food Safety
- Food Service Management
- General Business
- Geographic Information Systems Technology
- Health Information Management
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Information Security
- Instructional Design and Technology Certificate
- Kitchen Skills Studies
- Landscape and Ornamental Horticulture
- Laser and Optics Studies
- Law Enforcement Option
- Machinist Training Level 1 Certificate
- Machinist Training Level 2 Certificate
- Math Secondary Education
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Studies
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Middle Level Mathematics Education
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Office Administration
- Operations Management
- Paralegal Certificate
- Photo Imaging
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Studies
- Production Agriculture
- Radiologic Technology
- Refrigeration Heating AC
- Refrigeration Heating AC Studies
- Renewable Energy Solar
- Respiratory Care
- Science Education Chemistry Physics
- Social Science
- Surgical Technology
- Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology
- Turf Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Web Development
- Registration Information
- Academic Calendar
- Transfer Options
- International Education
- Instructional Technology & CCIT
- Learning Options
- Student Handbook
- College Catalog
Early Childhood Development
Associate Degree Program
Delaware Tech’s Early Childhood Development degree will give you the knowledge and skills required to enter the early childhood field. The Delaware Tech degree will teach you curriculum development and implementation, communication skills and classroom management strategies. You will also participate in a number of practical experiences that provide the hands-on training needed to be successful in this field.
As a graduate of the program, you will be ready to play an important role in the delivery of quality children’s programs in a variety of settings including home and child care centers. The experience you develop in these locations will establish your professional credentials and a foundation for moving into a management position in this growing field.
This program is offered at the Dover, Georgetown, and Wilmington campuses.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for a position as a:
- Child care center director
- Head Start teacher
- Agency early childhood educator
- Child advocate
- Early childhood curriculum coordinator
- Home/child care provider
- School-age care site administrator
What You Will Earn:
Competitive starting salaries range from $17,000 - $40,000.
What You Will Learn:
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Implement developmentally appropriate practices based on theories, norms and milestones associated with development in early childhood.
- Communicate information about student learning and behaviors in a collaborative manner with school, family and community members.
- Plan developmentally appropriate curricula for quality infant/toddler and preschool children in multicultural settings.
- Maintain a healthy, safe environment for children by following licensing requirements and legal issues affecting Early Childhood programs.
- Apply knowledge of the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of birth to pre-school aged children in a classroom setting.
- Access and implement educational technology.
- Develop an effective business plan for the operation of an Early Childhood Program.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as an associate degree graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.
Campus-Specific Early Childhood Development Information
Dr. Nancy Campbell
This program is offered at the Dover, Georgetown, and Wilmington campuses