ENT Refrigeration Heating AC Certificate
Want to start an engaging career? Earning your Refrigeration, Heating, and Air Conditioning Certificate will get you on your way! This curriculum is designed to provide students with the technical and practical knowledge required in the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration fields at an intermediate level. Classroom studies and hands-on experience prepare certificate recipients for professional career opportunities. Taking part in this 38-39 credit-hour certificate program also offers new advancement options for individuals who are already employed in the field.
Students learn how to design, install, and maintain residential heating and air conditioning systems. The courses taken in this program can also be applied toward the completion of an associate degree.
This program is offered at the Georgetown campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to help prepare you for positions such as:
- Technician’s Assistant
- HVAC/R Service Technician
- HVAC/R Installer
- Commercial Refrigeration Systems Technician
- Certified Heat Pump Technician
- Energy Systems Manager
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Demonstrate basic entrepreneurial leadership characteristics.
- Conduct market analysis and opportunity assessment at a basic level.
- Integrate basic personal, ethical, and legal standards into business decision-making.
- Discuss the operation of Heating and Air Conditioning systems and related diagrams and schematics.