- Programs of Study
- Advertising Design
- Agribusiness Management
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Automotive Technician Studies
- Baking and Pastry Skills Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Skills Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Building Automation Systems Option
- Business Administration Transfer Option
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Chemical Process Operator
- Chemical Process Operator Certificate
- Chemical Process Operator Studies
- Chemistry Math Concentration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Transportation Certificate
- Commercial Transportation Studies
- Computer Aided Drafting Design Technology
- Computer Engineering Tcy Option
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Network Engineering Technology
- Computing and Information Science
- Construction Management
- Cooking Certificate
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Hygiene
- Design Engineering Mechanical
- Developmental Math
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Direct Support Professional Certificate
- Drug Alcohol Counseling
- Drug Alcohol Counseling Certificate
- ENT Refrigeration Heating AC Certificate
- Early Care and Education Birth to Second Grade
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Studies
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Transfer Option
- Electronics Engineering Tcy
- Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Certificate
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Transfer Option
- Elementary Education
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic Certificate
- Energy Management
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Exercise Science
- Fire Protection
- Food Safety
- Food Service Management
- General Business
- Health Information Management
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Information Security
- Instructional Design and Technology Certificate
- Kitchen Skills Studies
- Landscape and Ornamental Horticulture
- Laser and Optics Studies
- Law Enforcement Option
- Machinist Training Level 1 Certificate
- Machinist Training Level 2 Certificate
- Math Secondary Education
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Studies
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Middle Level Mathematics Education
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Office Administration
- Operations Management
- Paralegal Certificate
- Photo Imaging
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Studies
- Production Agriculture
- Radiologic Technology
- Refrigeration Heating AC
- Refrigeration Heating AC Studies
- Renewable Energy Solar
- Respiratory Care
- Science Education Chemistry Physics
- Social Science
- Surgical Technology
- Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology
- Turf Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Web Development
- Registration Information
- Academic Calendar
- Transfer Options
- International Education
- Instructional Technology & CCIT
- Learning Options
- Student Handbook
- College Catalog
Food Service Management
Associate Degree Program
If you have a love and a passion for food, Delaware Tech can prepare you for a successful career in food service management. Our program meets the highest standards for program curriculum, staffing and facilities -- the same standards met by top programs all over the country. Our talented and caring faculty and administrators bring real-world experiences from the culinary industry to the classroom. As a result, we are able to offer the first and only accredited associate degree program in Food Service Management in Delaware, awarded by the Accreditation Commission of the American Culinary Federation in January 2006.
This program is offered at the Stanton Campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Assistant manager positions
- Kitchen manager
- Front of the house manager
- Prep cook
- Line cook
- Dining room shift supervisors
What You Will Earn
Competitive starting salaries range from $25,000 – $40,000
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Apply safe and correct knife, tool and equipment handling.
- Practice basic principles of food sanitation and safety and apply them to the work environment.
- Perform procedures to correctly purchase, receive, and store food and non-food items.
- Apply principles of food preparation to produce a variety of hot and cold food products within realistic time constraints.
- Apply the fundamentals of baking science to the preparation of a variety of products.
- Evaluate styles of leadership and judge options for facility design, menu planning, cost controls and nutrient requirements.
- Perform dining room service functions and quality customer service.
- Categorize alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and explain laws and procedures related to responsible alcohol service.
- Apply principles and implement fiscal operational systems to include inventory control, labor control, basic accounting, financial statement and corrective measures for repair of faulty equipment or facilities systems.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as an associate degree graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.
Pursuing A Bachelor’s Degree?
This is a Connected Degree program that enables you to complete your associate degree and then transfer to a four-year degree program as a junior. Check out our Connected Degree with Johnson and Wales University or see an academic counselor for details!
Campus-Specific Food Service Management Information