- Programs of Study
- Advertising Design
- Agribusiness Management
- Airframe Maintenance Technology
- Airframe Maintenance Technology Certificate
- Architectural Engineering Interior Design
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Automotive Technician Studies
- Baking and Pastry Skills Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Skills Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Building Automation Systems Option
- Business Administration Transfer Option
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Chemical Process Operator
- Chemical Process Operator Certificate
- Chemical Process Operator Studies
- Chemistry Math Concentration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Transportation Certificate
- Commercial Transportation Studies
- Computer Aided Drafting Design Technology
- Computer Engineering Tcy Option
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Network Engineering Technology
- Computing and Information Science
- Construction Management
- Cooking Certificate
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Hygiene
- Design Engineering Mechanical
- Developmental Math
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Direct Support Professional Certificate
- Drug Alcohol Counseling
- Drug Alcohol Counseling Certificate
- ENT Refrigeration Heating AC Certificate
- Early Care and Education Birth to Second Grade
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Studies
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Transfer Option
- Electronics Engineering Tcy
- Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Certificate
- Electronics Engineering Technology Instrumentation Option
- Electronics Engineering Technology Transfer Option
- Elementary Education
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic
- Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic Certificate
- Energy Management
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Environmental Technology Water Quality
- Exercise Science
- Fire Protection
- Food Safety
- Food Service Management
- General Business
- Health Information Management
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Information Security
- Instructional Design and Technology Certificate
- Kitchen Skills Studies
- Landscape and Ornamental Horticulture
- Laser and Optics Studies
- Law Enforcement Option
- Machinist Training Level 1 Certificate
- Machinist Training Level 2 Certificate
- Math Secondary Education
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Studies
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Middle Level Mathematics Education
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Office Administration
- Operations Management
- Paralegal Certificate
- Photo Imaging
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Studies
- Production Agriculture
- Radiologic Technology
- Refrigeration Heating AC
- Refrigeration Heating AC Studies
- Renewable Energy Solar
- Respiratory Care
- Science Education Chemistry Physics
- Social Science
- Surgical Technology
- Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology
- Turf Management
- Veterinary Technology
- Web Development
- Registration Information
- Academic Calendar
- Transfer Options
- International Education
- Instructional Technology & CCIT
- Learning Options
- Student Handbook
- College Catalog
Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Associate Degree Program
The Homeland Security and Emergency Management Associate Degree provides students with entry-level knowledge and skills in the ever-adjusting field tasked with safeguarding our lives from natural and man-made threats and vulnerabilities.
The program focuses on key strategies related to Demonstrate "all-hazards" planning, mitigation, response and recovery prevention or pre-event planning, mitigation, post-event response, and recovery for crisis events. This program also focuses on the mutual aid efforts between various State and Federal agencies such as law enforcement, military, security and medical before, during and after such events to protect persons, and assets pertaining to finances and physical properties.
The coursework provides students with the knowledge and skills needed for protection, security, law enforcement, and management positions in public, private, local, state, and federal agencies.
This program is offered at the Dover Campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Law Enforcement, Emergency and Medical Responders, Planners or practitioners
- Federal, State, local and private Emergency Responders and Planners
- Military and Intelligence personnel
- Security Officers
- Facility or plant operators
What You Will Earn
A competitive starting salary between $25,000 - $55,000
What You Will Learn
Upon completing your academic program, you will have developed the following knowledge and skills:
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Articulate the roles and responsibilities of key Criminal Justice and Homeland Security agencies and organizations.
- Demonstrate "all-hazards" planning, mitigation, response and recovery.
- Apply mitigation and crisis intervention strategies used by integrated disaster response teams to diverse citizen populations.
- Articulate the psychology and history of domestic and international terrorism.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as an associate degree graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree?
This is a Connected Degree program that enables you to complete your associate degree and then transfer to a four-year degree program as a junior. See an academic counselor for details!
Campus-Specific Homeland Security and Emergency Management Information