Associate Degree Program
Multimedia design, by its very definition, provides unlimited opportunities for you to apply your creativity in the challenging world of communications. In Delaware Tech’s Multimedia program, you’ll develop the skill and experience needed to design, produce, and present creative solutions to communication problems through communications technology and electronic media. The program blends the visual formats of still and video photography with sound and graphics necessary to bring presentations to life. You’ll find this program valuable if you want to design and implement multimedia presentations, explore computer-based photography and videography, or design visual content for applications on the Web.
This program is offered at the Dover Campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Marketing communications designer
- Electronic publishing firm designer
- Independent, self-employed designer
- Website and Internet Web designer
What You Will Earn
Competitive starting salaries range from $33,000 - $38,000.
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Integrate the principles and elements of design and motion graphics into cohesive problem solving techniques for multimedia assignments.
- Create or evaluate and select illustrative, photographic, sound and/or video imagery for use in effectively evoking a response within a solution?s target market.
- Assess and select the most effective method of media delivery to meet a client?s stated needs.
- Critique design solutions and develop strategies for strengthening their conceptual and technical effectiveness.
- Synthesize components of media delivery solutions into cohesive presentations to/for clients that are technically and conceptually effective.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as a graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.