Associate Degree Program
If you’re interested in learning how to create the sophisticated images required by today’s electronic media, the Photo Imaging program at Delaware Tech is the answer. This degree program will prepare you with the skills and experience necessary to use traditional, digital, and computer-aided photography to create images that meet modern standards for presentations and publications. You will also learn the principles of good design and how to solve design problems creatively. Whether your goal is to improve your traditional photography techniques, move into new career fields in digital photography, or learn how to use the computer for enhancing photographic images, you’ll find this program valuable.
This program is offered at the Dover Campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- In-house photographer for corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations
- Independent, self-employed photographer
What You Will Earn:
Competitive starting salaries range from $20,000 - $32,000.
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Integrate principles and elements of design into cohesive problem solving techniques for photographic assignments.
- Create or evaluate and select, photographic imagery for use in effectively evoking a response within the parameters of a client?s brief.
- Critique traditional and digital photographic images and develop strategies for strengthening their conceptual and technical effectiveness.
- Collaborate with art directors, clients, models and others to achieve the desired conceptual effect of requested imagery.
- Synthesize photographic images from a variety of sources and formats into cohesive presentations to/for clients that are technically and conceptually effective.
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as a graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate and use information effectively.
- Use computer technology appropriate to the field.
- Use scientific and mathematical reasoning appropriate to the technology.