Refrigeration Heating AC Studies
If you would like a career as a professional in the heating, ventilation, air condition, and refrigeration field, this associate degree will provide you with the expert knowledge and skills you need to succeed. The program offers a combination of classroom studies and a wealth of hands on experience in state-of-the-art laboratories to prepare you for professional career opportunities. You will also acquire the knowledge to successfully pass industry competency exams and the ability to analyze energy systems. Ninety-eight percent of our graduates are currently employed in the field.
This program is offered at the Georgetown Campus.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills to prepare you for positions such as:
- Heating and air conditioning systems designer/installer
- Residential heating and air conditioning systems service and maintenance contractor
- Commercial refrigeration systems technician
- Heat pump technician
- Manager of energy systems
What You Will Earn
Competitive starting salaries range from $21,000 - $36,000 ($13-18/hour).
What You Will Learn
Program Graduate Competencies
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Discuss professionalism in the workplace that satisfies job requirements including adherence to safety and environmental concerns related to the proper use and handling of refrigerants.
- Introduce the operation of residential and commercial HVAC/R systems and related electrical wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Introduce electrical power distribution, high and low voltage controls and the applied electrical theory as it relates to HVAC/R equipment.
- Introduce scientific principles as they relate to HVAC/R equipment.
- Discuss the safe use of tools, instruments, and equipment related to the HVAC/R industry.