Welcome to the Science Departments at Delaware Tech where we provide science courses that support a variety of programs at the College. Each program designates the science course or courses required for that technology, which may included biology, chemistry, or physics at the basic or more advanced levels. We provide a safe and supportive learning environment in all of our science courses and work hard to make sure that we offer the science courses you need to prepare you for your future career.
These courses are offered at the Dover, Georgetown, Stanton, and Wilmington campuses.
How We Can Help You Succeed
- We have instructors who are well trained in their areas of expertise.
- Our class sizes are small.
- Most of our science courses include laboratories that allow you to practice what you have been learning in class.
- Our classes are available at all four of our campuses throughout Delaware for your convenience.
- Our goal is to help you succeed in your required science courses in order to prepare you for the next level of courses in your program.
What you Will Learn
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you will be able to do as a graduate, regardless of your program of study. You will acquire these core competencies through general education courses and program-specific coursework. You will be expected to use relevant technology to achieve these outcomes:
- Apply clear and effective communication skills.
- Use critical thinking to solve problems.
- Collaborate to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical conduct.
- Use information literacy for effective vocational and/or academic research.
- Apply quantitative reasoning and/or scientific inquiry to solve practical problems.
Related Associate Degree Programs
We are here for your success! Science is an integral part of many professions, and we want to help you develop the tools you need to succeed in your career.
Delaware Tech has Associate of Arts Degrees in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Nursing, and numerous programs in Allied Health. Our science courses are an important step in obtaining an associate degree that prepares you for an exciting career in any of these fields.