Welcome to Social Sciences at Delaware Tech where you will have the opportunity to work in a partnership with instructors and fellow students to achieve excellence in social science skills that will assist you in your program of choice. We offer a supportive learning environment for all of your courses, and you will have access to instructors and resources to assist you in mastery of the social sciences. We look forward to working with you and wish you continued success. Thank you for choosing Delaware Technical Community College.
These courses are offered at the Dover, Georgetown, Stanton, and Wilmington campuses.
How We Can Help You Succeed
- We have dedicated instructors.
- Our class sizes are small and allow for interaction with classmates and instructors.
- We provide a variety of sections of social science courses.
- We teach through many delivery methods including online courses,distributed format courses, and eight-week distributed format courses.
- Our classes are available in four locations throughout Delaware for your convenience.
What You Will Learn
Core Curriculum Competencies
The Core Curriculum Competencies listed below identify what you, as a graduate, will be able to do upon completion of your degree, regardless of your major. You will acquire these core competencies through your general education courses (i.e. English, math, etc.) and your program of study courses.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work effectively in groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional understanding and conduct.
- Apply appropriate information literacy skills to locate, evaluate, and use information effectively.
- Use computers or related technology for practical and/or professional applications.
- Apply scientific inquiry and mathematical reasoning to practical problems.
Related Associate Degree Programs
Every associate degree major requires at least one social sciences course.