- Tuition & Fees
- Prospective Student Information
- Programs for HS Students
- Request More Information
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
Delaware Tech uses the College Board's ACCUPLACER Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) to provide information about your skill levels in reading, English, and mathematics. This information is used to help determine the integrated reading and writing/English, and mathematics courses that are most appropriate for you at this time. For students for whom English is a second language, there is also a component called the LOEP (Levels of English Proficiency). All tests are untimed and on the computer.
Additional information about Admission Placement Testing: After you have turned in your completed Delaware Tech application, the next step may be to take the ACCUPLACER. For specific information about testing at each campus & scheduling, see information below:
- Dover, ACCUPLACER CPT Testing:
Assessment/Career Center, Room 102 of the Terry Building
- Georgetown, ACCUPLACER Testing:
Roady Center, Room 978 of the Student Services Center
- Stanton, ACCUPLACER Testing
- Wilmington, ACCUPLACER Testing
Do You Need to Take the Accuplacer Placement Test?
- If you have never taken the SAT
- If you have never attended college before and
- If you have SAT Verbal scores below 475 and
- If you have math SAT scores below 500.
- If you have a transcript that shows completion of some credit level English,
Reading, and Math courses
- You have previously taken the ACCUPLACER CPT
- If you have a math SAT score equal to or above 500
- If you have a SAT Verbal score equal to or above 475
- If you have a Bachelor's degree and a college-level credit math course.
If you have questions about any of this information, please contact Student Affairs at any of the campuses.