You are here

Financial Processes

Payment Options

Delaware Tech accepts the following forms of payment for non-credit open enrollment courses:

  • Cash
  • Check
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Discover
  • Financial Assistance (Limited availability for select courses)*
  • Vouchers(for select courses as approved by WIA)*
  • Third Party Payments (Sponsorship and pre-payment from local agencies)*
  • Veteran’s Benefit*

*Option only available for select classes, inquire at Workforce Development and Community Education office to determine eligibility

Registration is available using the following methods:

*Please do not mail cash


Organization Refund Policy: If you are unable to attend a non-credit course for which you have enrolled, you may request a refund from Workforce Development and Community Education (WDCE). For full refund consideration, your request must be received 72 hours prior to the first course start time. If you withdraw from the course within the first week, you will be eligible to receive a 75% refund. Refunds are not given for courses with 3 or fewer sessions, with the exception of the above 72 hour refund request policy. Please note that there are some courses with different refund policies. (For example the cancellation policy for WIA non-credit certificate programs is the same as for credit classes.) Please note that refunds for payments made by check may take a minimum of six weeks to process.

In the event you would like to transfer from your registered course to another course or section, please contact the WDCE office. Your transfer will be granted on the condition there is availability in the requested course or section. Tuition paid will be transferred from the course you wish to drop to the class you wish to add. Should the tuition of the new course be higher, the balance will be due at the time of transfer. If the tuition is less, you will be issued a refund of the difference.

Financial Holds

A financial hold will be applied to your account at Delaware Tech if you have an unpaid balance for any service (such as but not limited to: course registration; library book fees). An alert indicating the balance is posted on a student account and must be reconciled prior to enrolling in any class at Delaware Technical Community College.

Financial Assistance

Financial assistance is available on a limited basis for select workforce training programs. To apply, inquire at the Workforce Development and Community Education Divisions (per County) at the following locations:

George Campus - Workforce Development and Community Education
300 N. Orange Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 571-5300

Owens Campus - Workforce Development and Community Education
21179 College Drive
Georgetown, DE 19947
(302) 259-6330

Stanton Campus - Workforce Development and Community Education
400 Stanton-Christiana Road
Newark, DE 19713
(302) 454-3900

Terry Campus - Workforce Development and Community Education
100 Campus Drive
Dover, DE 19904
(302) 857-1400

Financial assistance is available for youth summer camps. Funds are income/need based and an application and documentation are required. Funds are limited and applications are available prior to the start of camp. Applications can be found at the following website(s):

Tax Deduction/Credit Policy

An income tax deduction/credit may be permitted for educational expenses incurred while maintaining and improving professional skills. Consult your tax specialist for more information.

Veterans Payment Options

Delaware Technical Community College is approved for the educational training of veterans, qualified spouses, and dependents of deceased/ disabled veterans under Public Law 89-358. Veterans and dependents of deceased/disabled veterans interested in obtaining information and applying for benefits should contact the Office of Veterans Affairs at the campus they plan to attend.

  • Owens Campus (302) 259-6058
  • George Campus (302) 571-5307
  • Stanton Campus (302) 454-3926
  • Terry Campus (302) 857-1056

Veterans seeking educational VA benefits for the first time must submit a copy of their Service Discharge Form DD-214, DD-215 or DD Form 2384-1 to the Office of Veterans Affairs and complete a VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Educational Benefits. Dependents of deceased/disabled veterans seeking educational VA benefits for the first time must complete and submit a VA Form 22-5490, Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance. These forms are available in the Office of Veterans Affairs located in the Student Affairs Division at each campus location.

The Department of Veterans Affairs issues a Certificate of Eligibility to the applicant as verification of entitlement. All veterans and dependents of deceased/disabled veterans must complete the College admission process before educational benefits can be received.


Vouchers are available from government agencies such as the Delaware Department of Labor and the Delaware Economic Development Office in a variety of formats, including but not limited to Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Vocational Education Division of the Veteran’s Administration, Welfare Investment Act (WIA) Vouchers, Governor’s Education Grants for Working Adults and Unemployed Workers by the Delaware Economic Development Office (administered by the Delaware Higher Education Commission). Each agency can be contacted (in each county) to receive more information.