It’s easy to obtain a library card for Delaware Tech libraries. You can use your library card at all four Delaware Tech library locations.
Delaware Tech and University of Delaware Associate of Arts students, faculty, and staff: bring your Delaware Tech student ID to the nearest Delaware Tech library location, where a barcode will be attached to your card and a PIN assigned for your use. You may also apply online using the link below.
Distance Learning students should apply for an “electronic” library card and PIN by using the link below.
Delaware residents: bring your local county library card to the Delaware Tech library in your area, where a barcode and PIN will be assigned.
How long may I borrow materials?
- Books: 21 days
- Periodicals: may not be checked out
- Reference books: click on the individual library below
- Interlibrary loans: varies (date is specified on item)
- Reserve materials: as specified by the instructor
Can I renew my book or other material?
- Yes, you can renew materials one time, unless the item has been placed on hold by another patron
- Renew online by clicking here (you will need your user login and PIN)
What happens if my materials are late, damaged, or lost?
- Books and CDs: $0.15 per day per item late fee
- Reserve materials: $2.00 per day per item late fee
- Damaged charges begin at $1.00—see library staff for specific charge
- Lost materials charge is replacement cost plus a $10.00 processing fee per item—see library staff for exact charge.
These charges are non-refundable.
- You will not be allowed to renew or checkout new items until you pay your fine(s)
- If you have outstanding fines, you cannot register for classes, request an official transcript, or receive your diploma.
It is the borrower's responsibility to be aware of due dates. Failure to receive a library overdue notice does not excuse you from returning materials on time or paying fines.
How do I check my library account or change my PIN?
- Click here to view your account, change your PIN, and renew your materials
- If you have any questions or problems, see your Delaware Tech librarian for assistance